Regional Automotive Dealer Controller
Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a premier Automotive Group to identify a Regional Controller to maintain the finance/accounting infrastructure and drive the strategic financial growth of the company. This is a rare opportunity to join a subsidiary of a massively successful global conglomerate. They operate like a privately held family organization; however, have the financial backing of a Fortune 100.
- The Company: Renowned automotive group with 60+ years in the industry. They have 85 locations across 10 states. Along with car sales the auto group offers an extensive array of services and products, including web services; digital marketing; in-store process consultation; extended warranty services and other automotive protection plans; and auto auctions and collision center resources.
- The Growth: Fast-growing automotive group expanding both through acquisition and organic growth. They recorded record sales in 2020.
- The Opportunity: The Regional Controller will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted adviser to the Corporate CFO and senior management team.
The Regional Controller's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the President, the Regional Controller will oversee the financials of 28 locations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial results.
- Preparation and participation in the quarterly operating review
- Closely monitor potential risk and exposure in the region's dealerships
- Partner with the Regional Operating Manager in efforts to enhance operating performance by monitoring dealership financial results to identify areas of opportunity and internal benchmarking.
- Responsible for personal development of individual/multi store controllers through ongoing communication, training, benchmarking, sharing best practices, challenging current results and setting clear performance objectives.
- Detailed involvement in acquisition planning, closing and post-acquisition integration.
- Close involvement with controllers of underperforming locations.
- Standardize the financial process, implementing region-wide policies and procedures, and building out the accounting/finance infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
- Implement financial and operational metrics and analytics to present to Executive Management
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Increase the company's ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Identify deficiencies and further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the company. Ensure that each dealership in the region maintains an internal control structure and proper segregation of duties.
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- C.P.A., M.B.A. or master's degree in finance is preferred, but not required
- Automotive industry experience required
- 15+ years of experience with 5+ years with a multi-location auto dealership in a regional controller, VP or CFO capacity
- Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment