Senior Strategic Financial Analyst
We're looking for a Strategic Financial Analyst with the ability to combine a top-notch subjective understanding of the business with objective data to generate consistently exceptional budgets, reports, presentations, and opinions. The Strategic Financial Analyst is expected to make significant contributions to the success of Vroom by enabling executives and team leaders to make better business decisions and will work closely with them to evaluate, plan, execute and measure strategic business initiatives.
To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a clear and compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Develop and produce reports on financial and operational data, using your judgement to determine the right key performance indicators (KPIs), the most effective formatting, and the best practices to ensure accuracy
- Work with key stakeholders to review monthly performance by department, helping to identify weaknesses and opportunities, as well as solutions for both
- Run any ad hoc / 'what if' analyses informed by the model, including in-depth analysis of pricing for new products, financing analyses, vendor expense or headcount projections
- Lead and contribute to business case development of new strategic initiatives
- Help drive the annual budgeting process; prepare monthly and quarterly board and executive reporting
- Constantly maintain an understanding of both the fine details, and abstract implications, of the above types of work
- Identify the opportunity for, and aiding in the execution of, projects that will help expand margin, cut costs, and otherwise improve our bottom line
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a business discipline like accounting or finance
- 2 to 4 years of experience in investment banking and/or private equity preferred, financial role in a start up a plus
- Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- A strong understanding of basic financial principle
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Familiarity with Looker or Tableau a plus
- A combination of EQ and IQ - always balancing creativity, situational awareness and objective information
- Ability to take on, and succeed with, a diverse array of projects that require varying skills and approaches
- Strong desire to work in a startup environment generally, and at Vroom specifically
- Appetite to take on increased responsibility and grow career quickly
- Create order out of chaos, distill learnings, and communicate findings elegantly to team members
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we're looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be a great addition to the team.