Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we'd love to meet you.
This position is responsible for the company's books and records, month end close, account reconciliations, and internal and external reporting. Assist the CFO with insurance and employee benefits. This position is responsible for all Financial Accounting functions and supervision of personnel including Financial Accounting, Internal Audit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Cost Accounting, and Payroll.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Update and maintain the policies and procedures manual. Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Assist with banking relationships and risk management.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors including payroll provider, credit cards, etc.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including AP, AR, Credit and Collections, setting goals and objectives and monitoring performance.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording of all transactions in the books and records.
- Ensure that all balance sheet account reconciliations are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Manage the expense reimbursement and corporate credit cards.
- Manage the Payroll function and setting of policies and procedures including adherence to regulations and timely filings.
- Register for and file sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare annual budgets for Finance, Administration and Other Income/Expense departments.
- Prepare budget consolidation and all related forecast and budget reporting.
- Responsible for preparation and publishing of monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare analysis of variances versus budget and prior year.
- Responsible for year-end external audit of legal entities and overall consolidated audit.
- Responsible for 401(k) audit.
- Responsible for all bank, insurance and tax audits.
- Responsible for management of the company internal audit function.
- Ensure good accounting practices, procedures and adequate internal controls are followed throughout the company. Make immediate adjustments whenever necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a professional accountant. CPA preferred.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience with ERP information systems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook.
- Experience with report writing software.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA, MBA or Master's' degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.