Investment Business Partner
We're on the search for an Investment Business Partner who is energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and extremely passionate to join our Capital Investment team on a fixed term maternity cover contract for ~12 months.
We are New Zealand's largest and multi-brand digital services company offering fixed and mobile telecommunication services and IT products and services to millions of New Zealand consumers and businesses. Home to inspired, forward thinkers, Spark people are at the heart of our purpose to get stuck in to help all of New Zealand win big in a digital world by enabling New Zealanders to unleash their own incredible potential using the amazing technology and digital experiences we deliver. Our progressive, straight up approach to technology is evolving every day and we have a thirst for fresh, creative energy to join us in sparking New Zealand's digital future.
About the team:
Wellington or Auckland based, you'll report into the Chapter Lead of Capital Investment. This team is part of Value Management Centre Of Excellence, a centralised team that services our transformed Agile business to deliver valued outcomes for Spark and its customers.
About the role:
As an Investment Business Partner, you'll be working in a dynamic and constantly evolving industry helping to ensure we invest in the right things that cut-through to customer needs, helping Spark to grow market share and revenue.
- Working with our internal partners, you'll help guide our investment choices, ensuring that we remain aligned to our strategic outcomes and focussed on the customer experience, and that we are making optimal use of our capital resource.
- You'll assist with managing to our annual capital envelope by ensuring timely and accurate forecasting of our under action and planned initiatives.
- You'll help communicate our successes and challenges by developing and producing high quality reporting that really tells the story about how we are tracking against our capital outcomes.
- You'll ensure that we apply the right level of governance to our capital planning and capital management activities; that we adhere to agreed group policies and that we look to continuously improve our internal governance processes.
- You'll develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant areas across Spark, with particular focus on business owners, group finance and key planning and delivery resources.
What you need:
- Experience in working closely with delivery and commercial teams
- Stakeholder management experience
- Business, commercial and financial acumen
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably familiar with agile processes
And, most importantly, you're a team player who values collaboration as a key to success.
No two days are the same, and we are always ready to adapt to what might lie around the corner. We collaborate as a team to win together in what can be a fast-paced environment. We're also a truly inclusive company where everyone can relax and be themselves.