Harvey Nash are assisting our Public Sector client based in Newcastle upon Tyne to recruit an experienced Payroll Co-ordinator to assist the Payroll Manager in managing a team and running payroll for up to 6,000 members of staff.
As Payroll Co-ordinator you will be responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of all Payroll activities, ensuring a high standard of compliance and accuracy alongside delivering exceptional customer service to all service users.
You will be an experienced Payroll Co-ordinator who can demonstrate the following:
- Have strong management skills to help lead a team of 3 Payroll Administrators to deliver to high standards of accuracy and customer focus.
- Be comfortable working in a busy, demanding role where the ability to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines is essential.
- Can direct the payroll team in a structured and methodical approach to ensure all Payrolls are delivered on time, accurately and efficiently.
- Be proactive, organised and efficient with an eye for detail
- Have good communication skills and can help foster relationships with other departments
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy by following robust payroll controls and internal audits and highlight any gaps in processes and procedures.
Candidate should already either be a Payroll Manager for smaller organisation or be ready to step up into a Team Lead role.