I have an exciting opportunity for a new Risk Manager to join a successful Governance, Risk and Compliance Department on a full time basis.
The business are a Not-for-Profit Organisation based in N. Yorkshire.
The Risk Manager will be reporting to the Senior Group Risk Manager and the post holder will:
- Have the ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- Support the business in embedding the risk management framework including helping them to identify and control risks
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management matters.
- Monitor incident reporting and track resolutions and provide analysis on trends and root cause analysis.
- Support the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide risk training and support to key stakeholders including assisting with the development of control test plans and corrective action follow up.
- Assist with risk reporting including those to Committees and the Board.
- Represent Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate.
- Support the Group Senior Risk Manager in delivering the overall Risk objectives
- Have responsibility for day to management of the Group Insurances and provide reporting on claims experience to management
- Support Risk & Compliance monitoring including action resolution and tracking and analysis of the wider impacts on the risk framework
- Manage the day to day performance of the Risk Management system to ensure it operates effectively.
To be elgible for the role you should;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a risk management role in a FCA regulated business. Skilled in innovating new risk management practices and frameworks with experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles, best practice, and regulatory compliance, specifically including:
- Defining and integrating risk reporting functionality.
- Implementing risk management systems and controls, including risk assurance monitoring plans and oversight.
- Strategic thinker who is a proactive and confident communicator able to influence stakeholders and leverage/negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Experience of using bespoke risk management software/systems
The successful Risk Manager will receive a range of benefits including;
- Competitive Salary
- Free onsite parking
- Up to 35 days' holiday including bank holiday and no current weekend working
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Excellent training and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee engagement events
- Supporting local charities
- Opportunities to give back to our community through volunteering
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Free onsite gym