Head of Billings
I am currently recruiting a Head of Billings, working for a global media and information company. This will be working from home with their HQ in London.
The Head of Billings is responsible for providing best-in class service to internal and external customers, effectively managing the Order to Invoice process.
The global finance team is going through a finance transformation programme which provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Billings to promote and deploy strong compliance from point of order to revenue recognition and standard processes and reporting across the organization.
The current system is not without challenges so the ability to improve current processes is also an advantage.
Head of Billings, London
- Management and development of the Sales Order Processing team (approx. 14 FTE's including 5 direct reports) across multiple locations in the USA, UK and APAC
- Set challenging but realistic targets and ensure all performance is of a high standard
- Monitor and report on team performance activity against audit requirements, targets and KPI's
- Document all new processes and provide full training and support to the Sales Order Processing team
- Conduct regular 121s, annual reviews and disciplinary meetings where necessary
- Ensure the team can work across multiple brands so that appropriate cover is maintained on the brands at times of high volume
- Ensure compliance on credit checking limits and delegation of authority sign off on all contracts
- Ensure all billing schedules match customers and the company's audit requirements
- Work with the Finance Systems Manager, Global Head of Collections and Customer Relationship Managers to provide solutions, processes and test scripts for business-as-usual activities, changes, projects, M&A, upgrades and enhancements
- Work with the Director of Tax to ensure up to date tax policies are reviewed quarterly, system compliance and all changes are tested
- Clarify roles and responsibilities between the Sales Order Processing team with other internal functions
- Simplify the reporting package and governance model, in the form of SLA
- Develop Group wide Sales Order Processing policies and standard operating procedures, ensure adherence and maintenance of this documentation.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- Experienced Order to Invoice manager with a proven track record of ensuring audit compliance
- Proven track record for improving Order to Invoice processes, ensuring all upstream and downstream requirements are catered for
- Strong communications skills with ability to provide clear recommendations & instructions
- Effectively engage with the senior finance & brand executives
- Confident, adaptable and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Salesforce, FinancialForce and SAP systems experience an advantage
Looking for someone who has a good IT mindset and business/commercial awareness - Salesforce experience would be great) - but able to balance with the bigger shared services environment - KPI driven and experience in managing a global team virtually - great communication skills, customer service and leadership skills is a must.
The successful candidate will be paid £70,000 - £90,000 depending on experience.