Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager will report directly into the Head of Finance and will work closely with the executive team to collect and share financial information to influence, aid and assist in the decision-making process to set the strategy for the future of Adaptavist. You may also get the opportunity to assess, understand and evaluate the performance of current and future business investments to support our continued growth.
We’re looking for a strong leader, someone who is comfortable building out the FP&A infrastructure of resources, processes, tools and people. This will include assessing and implementing financial software (for analysis and reporting) in order for our finance teams to be as efficient and effective as possible. You’ll contribute to the strategy for the FP&A team and will lead them through change.
You’ll need to be a confident communicator and have strong stakeholder management skills, as you will be a strong business partner to all teams within Adaptavist, working closely with all levels internally and externally. You will support and lead all teams through change by obtaining and analysing key financial metrics and tell stories through data with strong collaboration with our dedicated in house data warehouse team. You’ll get involved in forecasting, variance analysis, revenue modelling, superset functionality and reports, cash flow analysis, competitor analysis, revenue modelling, sales targets and commission and many more areas. Up for the challenge? Apply now!
Some of the things you’ll do:
Financial planning and analysis
- Management accounting, and month-end reporting o Data analysis, scenario analysis, variance analysis o Short term and long term cash flow analysis
- Forecasting for our products, services and business services teams o Business forecasting, financial modelling o BI tools functionality & reports
- Setting and implementing a budgeting process o Risk management assessment and internal audit o Creating and measuring key financial performance metrics o Assessment sales targets, commission o Investment performance
- Qualitative and quantitative markets analysis, competitor analysis
- Building out the infrastructure, processes, tools and team, from scratch to support the growing Adaptavist business
- Implementing the strategy for the FP&A team and leading Adaptavist teams through change
- Review financial processes to improve overall efficiency and accuracy and drive effective financial forecasting
- Adapting and improving processes when required
- Assessing and procuring of financial software and tools (for analysis and reporting)
What we’re looking for:
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong leader with a passion for building teams from scratch and leading them to success
- Built and develop FP&A infrastructure inclusive of assessing and procuring financial software and tools (for analysis and reporting)
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills and strong stakeholder management, ability to develop, influence and build business relationships at all levels, specifically the executive team
- Finance business partner experience
- Comfortable with data and business intelligence tools
- Knowledge and experience in financial reporting, financial statement analysis, technology focus preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure o An ability to think innovatively and creatively o Forensic attention to detail
- Experience working in a multinational organisation and dealing with international businesses
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges and resolve them methodically
A few nice to haves:
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Affinity for technology o SQL and/or python experience o Audit experience o SaaS knowledge and experience
- Interview with a Recruiter o Take home financial excel task o Hiring manager interview with case study
- Panel interview with our data and product teams with a commercial financial presentation
- Final Interview with our CEO
We want to be completely transparent and honest about the recruitment process for this role. This will be a crucial role within our organisation, you will help transform the way we make decisions and grow the business. Therefore, the recruitment process will be slightly elongated to ensure we hire the right person for the role.
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!