Full or part-qualified accountant with sound commercial acumen and strong management accounting experience.
Your new company
My client are global leaders who are trying to change the world. They are experts in making the world a cleaner, longer lasting place and they are on a mission to ensure that we use our resources sustainably. They work with businesses, governments and consumers around the world on ambitious and imaginative projects to achieve this. As they are bringing in a new finance system to better support their increased activity, they are now looking to add this Finance Analyst role to their friendly and supportive finance team.
Your new role
To provide management and financial accounting information, including the delivery of timely, concise, accurate and insightful comprehensive management accounts, reporting and analysis.
- Prepare complex monthly management reports and Executive finance pack. Feed this data into annual accounts, income and expenditure statements and balance sheet consolidation. Deliver against tight deadlines.
- Report the time costing of staff, monitoring recovery of costs and associated reporting.
- Manage the capture of charitable income, presenting figures on Actuals, Order Book, Forecast and Business Plan. Maintain accrued and deferred income.
- Produce monthly Procurement information.
- Maintain comprehensive reporting and analysis of project activity,
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of monthly performance, including commentary and variance analysis which highlights areas which need focus and action.
- Report on overhead costs and undertake quarterly forecasts.
- Support projects with analysis of costs, comparing them to budget and plan.
- Provide support in the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial KPIs.
- Ensure the project accounting system reflects current structures.
- Develop cost models, ensure the cost recovery and other T&Cs are understood and reflected in the models and provide appropriate challenge of assumptions made.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part or fully qualified Accountant with sound commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate financial performance to non-finance staff.
- Excellent analytical and excel modelling skills
- Strong management accountancy experience
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret, understand and disseminate complex information in an easy to understand way to a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of analysis and reporting from financial systems
- Proven organisational and time management skills to allow the delivery of multiple outputs simultaneously to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to work with non-finance managers to influence their thinking.
- A proven track record of using finance systems and data management to deliver reporting solutions.
- Commercial awareness and able to demonstrate where they have added value and made a difference.
- Strong ability to use MS Office Excel, Word and Powerpoint
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Amazing holiday entitlement
Generous pension scheme
Private health cover
Career progression opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly