Group Risk and Internal Audit Manager
Our client is seeking a Group Risk and Internal Audit Manager to join the Internal Audit team at the HQ in Newcastle. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading construction businesses.
Please note, that while the team are currently working remotely, once restrictions lift this position will be office-based, with some flexible working. Additionally, the business is unable to offer sponsorship for international candidates.
Our client is a leading FTSE 250 construction business that is headquartered in Newcastle.
The postholder's responsibilities will be:
- Evolve the internal audit methodology in line with good practice and to ensure the needs of the business continue to be met.
- Develop risk based internal audit plans to support and add value to the business.
- Coordinate other assurance activity across the business and maintain a Group-wide assurance map.
- Deliver risk and internal audit reviews across the business as necessary, ensuring findings are accurate, agreed with management and appropriately reported.
- Monitor findings and action plans to ensure appropriately remediated by the business.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the Audit Committee.
- Identify good practice and share across the business to ensure process improvement and organisational efficiencies.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of developments in corporate governance affecting audit practices.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other Group functions and the divisions.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CA/ACCA
- Experience of reviewing and analysing systems, processes and controls
- Knowledge of audit techniques
- Internal audit experience within industry
- Competitive salary c.£45,000-50,000
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance