International Tax Manager
Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is seeking a Tax Manager to join our fast-paced, growing International Team specifically in the area of U.S. Resident International Tax reporting. The ideal candidate will be a practicing CPA with 7-10 years of current public accounting experience preparing and/or reviewing complex Forms 1040, 5471, 3520, 8992, 1116, and 8621. This position will involve a high level of varied client contact, and work closely with the Team Shareholders in managing the International Tax Group.
If you are inquisitive, enjoy figuring out complex scenarios, comfortable navigating sometimes ambiguous tax laws, and have traditional U.S. tax experience (individual and business), with senior management level knowledge of U.S. Resident International Tax reporting, we are eager to speak to you!
Kerkering, Barberio has been a leading expert in International Tax in the gulf coast region for over 35 years. Our Partners and Managers frequently write articles (www.kbgrp.com/resources) and speak and on a variety of international tax topics We work with both U.S. tax resident and internationally based clients, their financial advisors and attorneys providing consulting, planning and compliance services. We have a strong practice in offshore compliance reporting. International Tax is an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing segment of Kerkering Barberio with opportunities for upward mobility. We offer relocation assistance and a full suite of health insurance benefits including 401(k) with company match, paid time off, reimbursement for CPA exam, work/life balance programs and more.
Position Title: International Tax Manager
Reports to: Team Shareholder
Supervises: Staff, In-Charge, Senior and Supervisor Accountants
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
Required Experience: Public Accounting - 7 years (International focus strongly preferred)
License/Certification: CPA (current, practicing)
Managers are responsible for participating in and directing multiple tax planning, consulting and compliance projects and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Must have technical knowledge of U.S. Tax law and related Internal Revenue Code sections and regulations and be able to execute practical application of the knowledge. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills, investigative expertise, analytical ability, priority management, and proactive communication.
- Works closely with the Team Shareholder in managing the Inbound International Tax Group.
- Researches and interprets Inbound International Tax laws and regulations for planning and compliance.
- Advises on consequences of transactions including foreign entity formation, operation, and dissolution.
- Maximizes benefits from U.S. Income Tax Treaties.
- Identifies issues and opportunities while managing offshore compliance engagements.
- Facilitates and manages preparation and review of engagements with complex foreign issues.
- Oversees and reviews preparation of Forms 5471, 8992, 8865, 8832, 965, 8621 and 1116/1118 and other related required disclosure statements.
- Participates in business development of the Kerkering, Barberio Outbound International Tax Group.
- Develops into a recognized and sought after thought leader in the region and industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possesses a broad technical knowledge of US Inbound International Tax law and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Experienced with foreign entity planning and reporting including Foreign Trusts and Businesses.
- Possesses solid comprehension of foreign tax issues such as tax credit calculations and limitations, mutual fund reporting, and the new TCJA rules for international tax.
- Enjoys finding clues, uncovering unknown information, digging into complex data to find needed information.
- Keeps the Team Shareholder informed on the issues, opportunities, and status of engagements.
- Experienced with IRS offshore compliance procedures and filings.
- Ability to use tax knowledge and best practice while functioning in a sometimes-ambiguous tax scenario.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting.
Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Apply for International Tax Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly