I am recruiting for an SME client in Wimborne, looking to bring in a Finance Manager / Controller into their fast growing organisation to support the overall efficiency and function of the finance team.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Director, this position is well suited to a qualified accountant who is currently looking for their next challenge, and a role which offers autonomy and a busy environment.
My client are a true leader in their field with a clear strategy for moving the business forward in the next 12-18 months. If you are looking for a role which offers you a combination of financial and management accounting as well as ad-hoc projects, and if you are looking to learn and expand your skill set; this might be the right move for you.
- To carry out monthly financial statements including:
- Consolidated profit and loss accounts
- Cash flows
- Monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis and commentaries
- To produce annual budget and periodic forecasting
- To provide regular and ad-hoc management reporting and analysis for decision-making
- To provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Work along side the Accounts Department in the day to day accounting functions
- Support on on-going review of cash coverage and production of cash forecasts
- Production of the annual statutory accounts
- Production of the VAT return and other Government returns
- Preparation of submissions for Grants and control of the ongoing reporting requirements
- Manage capital expenditure control
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of tangible and intangible assets
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with 3 + years PQE
- Comfortable with managing and supporting a small finance team
- Clear communicator, ability to work with members across the Board and liaise with non-finance professionals
- Previous experience in Management Accounting (including cost / variance analysis)
- Confident User in Excel and Accounting Packages / Software
A competitive salary, chance to make a key difference and make the role your own while working closely with the team to improve overall efficiency's and driving the business forward.