Job reference - 685616
- Hawkes Bay group with business units across multiple locations
- ACA, CA, or equivalent accounting degree preferred
- Well organised and long-established successful group
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
Established over 50 years through superior management the employer group is respected across Hawkes Bay and Manawatu. With multiple sites the brands have stood the test of time.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will be involved in a range of tasks. A sample of duties are listed below but this will prove to be a diverse role requiring flexibility of duties.
- Monitoring spending and budgets
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Auditing and analysing financial performance.
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits
- Evaluation of financial and other performance data
- Accounts payable and receivable.
- Compiling and presenting financial and budget reports
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Involvement with creditors and debtors
- Involvement strategically alongside financial controller and management
Duties may vary marginally from those described or include additional duties and responsibilities. A job description may be provided for short listed applicants.
The skills sought
An ACA, CA or equivalent accounting degree is preferred along with relevant accounting expertise at least to an intermediate level if not beyond.
Ideally you will have a motor industry background but this is not a prerequisite and other applications will be considered. You must have a background in financial accounting and the appropriate work experience.
A competitive salary is provided along with a company car. Additional benefits can be discussed with short listed applicants.
How to apply
Unfortunately due to border closures, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present. This vacancy is therefore only open to citizens, residents, those with Open Work Visas and those in NZ with Work Visas that can be transferred to a new employer. If you are located outside NZ and do not already have the right to work here, we are unable to assist during COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.