Internal Audit Manager/HOIA UK & Europe - Global Company
Developing a UK & Europe IA function from a blank slate for a global business. This role offers; room to grow the team in time, international travel (circa 20%-40% depending on your judgement) and the use of AI in auditing.
Our client is a global outsourcing business with a UK base in the City of London. They are an exciting, highly acquisitive commercial organisation who have a varied portfolio ranging from media, to hygiene solutions to logistics and supply chain.
This role sits within the UK & Europe and sits across two key brands which bring in circa 15% of the global organisations revenue, this allows a real sense of autonomy within the role but with the combination of being supported by and working with other audit functions across other areas of the group portfolio.
Our client is receptive to internal audit and, with the parent company having a developed audit function, you will have access to their audit tools including their unique AI system!
This role is a really exciting chance to build a function from scratch. Whilst there is room for the
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing an appropriate, risk based internal audit plan for approval by the Audit & Risk Committee
- Reporting into the Audit & Risk Committee with a dotted reporting line into the Divisional CFO
- Managing stakeholder relationships such as with the Group Chief Audit Executive and the divisional AC Chair, Senior Management and other lines of defence across the group.
- Planning, performing and reporting on audit engagements in line with IIA methodology
- Assisting management to mitigate risks associated with audit findings
- Preparing Internal Audit Summaries for Quarterly Divisional and/or Group Audit Committee meetings
- Utilising data analytics and AI to drive digitisation of audit methodology
- Managing budgets for the function
- Ad-hoc work including investigations, compliance, regulatory reporting, post acquisition reviews and data analytics
- For this role, you will be expected to perform some international travel (predominantly Europe, UK & Ireland)
- Relevant Qualifications such as; ACA, IIA, IRM, CIMA, CISA
- Internal Audit professional holding, or previously held, a senior position reporting into the Audit & Risk Committee
- Demonstrable experience of having set up an internal audit function from scratch
- Demonstrable line management skills
- Ability to influence, engage and clearly communicate with senior stakeholders
- Understanding of Group Company structures
- Prior/Current business to business exposure would be useful
Michael Page are delighted to be presenting this opportunity to you. This an exciting role allowing you to make your mark on an audit function. You will be able to carve the function out to suit the business using your own business acumen, growing the team as required. By utilising data analytics and artificial intelligence you will be able to apply a modern and forward-thinking approach to internal auditing.
The salary will be in the region of £70k-£90k + additional car allowance.