Senior Director of Audits
Purdue is seeking applications and nominations for Senior Director, Internal Audits. Reporting to the Treasurer of the Corporation and functionally to the Audit and Enterprise Risk Committee of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Auditor is a key collaborator with the leadership and management of the University, delivering communications on key internal controls that will allow for institutional effectiveness and efficiencies.
Purdue University is a top public research institution developing practical solutions to today’s toughest challenges. Ranked the No. 5 Most Innovative University in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Purdue delivers world-changing research and out-of-this-world discovery. Committed to hands-on and online, real-world learning, Purdue offers a transformative education to all. Committed to affordability and accessibility, Purdue has frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, enabling more students than ever to graduate debt-free. See how Purdue never stops in the persistent pursuit of the next giant leap at https://www.purdue.edu/purduemoves/
The Chief Auditor will lead the effort to aid the University in accomplishing its strategic and operational initiatives by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services with respect to evaluating risk management, control, and governance processes and assisting all levels of administration in achieving University goals and objectives. In addition, the leader we seek will design, organize, and direct a University-wide audit function to ensure that comprehensive audit coverage is in effect and that responsibilities of the office are carried out in accordance with the Bylaws of the Trustees.
This exciting role provides the opportunity for implementation of the audit plan, which was developed using an appropriate risk-based methodology, with the inclusion of time for special projects that involves working with all areas of the University. The Internal Audit Office provides system-wide audit coverage and has unrestricted access to all University functions, records, property, and personnel, subject to state and federal law.
- Bachelors degree
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent
- Ten years of progressively responsible professional auditing experience, which includes exposure to auditing concepts in information system technology and the integration of technologies and processes
- Five years of professional auditing experience in a university, corporate, or similarly complex environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, as well as proven experience speaking to large and diverse groups.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of an effective administrative team to reach goals and make decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively with university and campus administration and others in addressing risks and opportunities
- Knowledge of and experience in providing assurance over proper administration and compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, regulations and policies, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, collaboration, supervision, and teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, information systems, or finance
- Advanced degree, such as MBA
- Prior experience working with a board
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting/Auditing Standards and Federal Uniform Guidance Standards
- US citizenship is required in order to be compliant with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual DOD 5220.22-M.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
- Submit nominations to email@example.com