Graduate Telecoms Billing Analyst
About the role
Billing is a vital and very complicated part of telecoms - our team is an integral part of Gamma’s business - and you will be joining 25 other people most of whom have joined the company in the last few years as recent graduates.
Our work is a mixture of day-to-day activities and project work. For a few days each month, the focus is on executing the monthly billing process but a lot of our time is spent on improving those processes, adding to them to incorporate new products and services, investigating anomalies in their outputs and resolving them. We see the process from start to finish.
And an essential part of our work is interacting with customers and the sales team and answering their questions. Gamma’s customers use our billing to understand expenditure within their businesses and our wholesale customers use them to bill their own customers so our objective is to give them complete confidence.
We also review financial performance and report it to the rest of the business, having direct input into the way the business is run at the highest levels.
No experience of telecoms is required - we will teach you all you need to know. Training is on-the-job and informal. You will learn a range of transferrable skills, particularly in handling large volumes of transaction data and extracting commercial significance from it.
The experience we offer is a great start for someone looking to build a career in a financial environment. To underline this we’re keen to offer training for a professional finance qualification (CIMA or ACCA).
- Problem-solving is a huge part of what we do. We’re constantly introducing new products and improving our systems. You’re someone who will relish that kind of work.
- You enjoy building an understanding of complex systems.
- You enjoy mixing with others. Our success depends on the ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers alike.
- You can demonstrate that you’re interested in systems.
- You should already be proficient in Excel and whilst it’s not essential, experience of databases and SQL or any other coding experience is an advantage.
- The role is a challenging one – we need you to have at least 136 UCAS points from your top 3 A level grades and a 2:1 (or predicted) from a top university, preferably in a science discipline.
Gamma is a leading supplier of voice, data and mobile products and services in the UK.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That’s because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking.
In 2019 we were voted one of ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for the sixth time.
We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You’ll find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do.
We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Please note we only use recruitment agencies registered on our preferred suppliers list and as such, any speculative CV’s received will not be considered.
Start date dependent upon satisfactory pre-employment checks