Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will be responsible for providing strategic financial guidance and support to the trust, its schools and adult learning provision, ensuring that they are efficient and effective in supporting educational improvement.
The organisation is an expanding academy trust based in East London with several schools across London. Despite challenging times, the organisation is still going ahead with several key projects and needs a strong Head of Finance to support them.
The Head of Finance, based in London, will support the COO in ensuring the organisation is provided with accurate financial information that will enable effective decision-making, as well as fulfilling the trusts financial statutory responsibilities. The role will also include the following responsibilities:
- To lead on the year end process and the preparation of the trust's annual accounts (including its trading subsidiary) and other statutory returns in line with the Charities SORP. Fully responsible for the maintenance of the integrity of the trusts finance systems undertaking the role of Systems Administrator to ensure strong systems of controls are in place. Document, implement and embed strong financial controls across the trust. Work within the framework established by the COO, to consolidate the Trusts annual and three-year budgets. TO prepare all financial returns for the Trust including pension returns, VAT returns and budget forecast return. Line management of finance team members as appropriate.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong all-round finance capabilities that can be evidenced through experience. You will be able to communicate effectively effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels, with experience of supporting key decision-making. The following experience is required:
- Knowledge of Charities SORP and Academy funding and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience interacting with
- Understanding of taxation and other regulations, including VAT, pensions and payroll requirements.
- Experience of developing and presenting consolidated management accounts.
- Previous experience working within the academy or education sector.
- Experience using PS financials
Circa £60,000, excellent benefits, flexible working and options to work from home