Corporate Financial Controller
This position is responsible for managing the entire range of financial activities of the company, including supplying senior management any and all financial information necessary for making good business decisions; provides creditable and accurate financial reporting and ensures good relationships with financial institutions and regulatory agencies. This role reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer. This role is eligible for relocation assistance.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Lead the activities of the Corporate Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control. Evaluating AP requirements in conjunction with any cash flow constraints to determine the amount to be paid and to whom.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable and Credit & Collections Departments to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; available and projected funds, weekly status reports.
- Oversee the Revenue Accounting/Billing Department to ensure accurate and timely reporting of revenue, generation of invoices and payment of commissions.
- Oversee the Claims Department to ensure claims are resolved promptly and appropriate chargebacks/reimbursements are invoiced to others.
- Manage the Payroll Department including ACA compliance and quarterly and year-end payroll closing, federal and state reports.
- Ensure the audit of payroll, insurance, lease, rent, payables, receivables & accrued liability accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all required work papers and reports in connection with the annual reviewed financial statements; prepare financial projections and proforma financial statements.
- Assist in controlling costs of all financial arrangements.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Administer corporate credit cards, monitor usage and review expenditures.
- Prepare/oversee monthly and quarterly government and other entity reports for sales taxes and government contracts and payment of any required fees timely.
- Oversee annual business entity reporting and registration; track and monitor all equipment loans and leases.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all accounting systems, processes and data.
- Respond to CFO and other senior managers with accurate and timely financial information to facilitate the company's business and financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
Summary of Management Responsibilities
- Recruit and hire appropriate individuals
- Perform annual or semi-annual reviews on all direct reports
- Analyze the skills inventory of operating employees and plan needed training; reward enhanced skills with transfers or promotions
- Mentor direct reports to develop management, communication and technical skills necessary for higher-level positions
- Communicate, empathize and lead all employees so that the company vision is achieved
- Schedule and conduct periodic staff meetings to bring employees up to date on performance, problems, policies, and procedures
- Work in conjunction with the HR Department on people issues
- CPA with 10+ years' accounting experience progressing to the manager level in accounting, auditing and tax.
- Expert general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Good negotiation skills; basic understanding of contractual documents.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Advanced PC literacy, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Policy and procedure development, training, and implementation.
Who We Are
Mesa's passion is "Helping People" and to "Be the Best". We are a full-service moving company with, exceptional capabilities and skilled, dedicated professionals, Mesa Moving and Storage can handle any move, regardless of the scope. Whether it's a residential move across town, across the country or around the globe we have it covered. We also help a variety of Corporate clients with relocating their employees, office moves and commercial warehouse services. Mesa prides itself on providing quality customer service regardless of the size and scope of the move. Our success speaks for itself and we have been awarded numerous customer quality awards!!
A Bit about Our Culture
Here at Mesa we live Pride, Respect and Trust. We take PRIDE in exceeding expectations through motivation and passion; show RESPECT for our customers and co-workers with courtesy, appreciation and empathy and demonstrate TRUST through honesty and transparency. We go the "extra mile" to ensure the needs of our customers are met during their move. If you take pride in your work and committed to customers then Mesa is the place for you.
Salary range between $75,000 to $90,000 depending on experience. Mesa offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and PTO benefits.