Commercial Project Accountant
The Finance Team are looking for a strong Project Management Accountant to join the team based at company HQ. The role offers flexible working but initially will be on-sight.
The role is newly created through organic growth and is required to support the development of contract processes and will provide on-going accounting support to the company wide Project Teams. This is a very varied role with lots of progression opportunities.
My client offers a range of specialist services to a diverse set of clients in a number of unique industries in the UK. Ranging from well known household brands to smaller market leading clients.
- Develop and maintain Project Income, reporting including forecasts and risk registers where appropriate
- Work with Project Managers to monitor spend against project budgets and forecasts
- Production of the Management Accounts
- Provide monthly financial and management information to support the decision-making process including Project P&Ls and KPIs
- Preparation of monthly supporting schedules and reconciliations
- Ensure Inventory databases are accurately maintained and monthly stock takes are completed
- Work to ensure the year end process runs smoothly, assisting with communication across the businesses and with external Auditors
- Support the Head of Finance in the development and maintenance of robust processes and procedures, ensuring accurate timely accounting records are maintained and continuous improvement remains a key focus for the department and business
- Work closely with the Head of Finance in developing more detailed analysis of the cost base to better understand where efficiency's can be made whilst educating stakeholders on good practice in relation to cost control
- Work as part of the annual financial audit team and provide valuable contribution to its completion
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Commercially minded and willing to take on additional responsibility
- Strong understanding of Project Accounting and Management Accounting
- Good communicator/Business Partner
- Experience of IT packages such as Sage200, Syrinx or Microsoft Dynamics
- Highly competitive Salary
- Excellent opportunity to learn from a superb HoF
- Excellent benefits and Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working environment