Commercial Finance Manager
Exciting and career enhancing opportunity to join a large, successful technology firm in a social & affluent part of Manchester City Centre.
Commercial Finance Manager role, ideal for an ACA 2nd / 3rd time mover, looking to take that step into commercial finance to broaden your senior business stakeholder exposure.
Michael Page are proud to be partnering with a global technology group who are true leaders & innovators.
The business is diverse and has grown recently via acquisition and organic expansion.
This role will be key in helping to drive the growth of the division and support a continuing global transformation project.
This individual will be supporting the Head of Commercial Finance in driving FP&A and commercial finance processes and improvements across the division in both "business as usual" activities (such as monthly reporting, ongoing forecasting and KPI management) and special project activities (including various new growth initiatives).
They will provide financial consulting and strategic support to divisional senior management, and will act as the analytical engine in providing insights and supporting 'optimal' business decision making.
The key responsibilities for this fantastic Commercial Finance Manager role based in one of the most modern & impressive offices in central Manchester will include:
Working closely with the Head of Commercial Finance, the divisional Finance Director and the broader divisional Senior Management Team, the role also incorporates:
- Review and analysis of divisional results on a global basis
- Support in driving quarterly and annual business forecasting cycles, leading on management of business planning models and business unit submissions/reviews
- Supporting improvements in ongoing rolling forecasting processes and models
- Supporting enhancement of KPI reporting in the monthly Board pack
- Business partnering support around global initiatives including new product / sales channel launches, pricing initiatives, commissions; will involve driving day to day project work and regular communication with non-Finance leaders
- Provide information to the Head of Commercial Finance, Finance Director and Senior Management Team to enable decision making
- Support overseas territory finance team improvements and activities as needed
The successful applicant for this Commercial Finance Manager role based in Manchester City Centre wil be a fully qualified ACA / ACCA profession who can demonstrate:
- Prior exposure to working within a Large Group Company environment
- An ability to listen and willingness to absorb and act upon new ideas
- Experience of managing multiple key stakeholders
- Be resilient to change and more importantly able to act as a change agent
- Absorb and summarise complex or diverse information
- Demonstrated 'hands on' delivery approach
- Strong developed networking skills
- Capable of interpreting information and providing succinct analysis to senior stakeholders
- IT confident with experience of a number of systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and experienced with working with Business partners at varied business levels
The ability to form close working relationships with management, to be able to communicate at their level, understand their requirements, gain their trust and challenge/influence them where necessary
- Proactive demeanour, including with the ability to offer constructive advice or solutions.
- The ability to motivate and lead, with particular emphasis on coaching/development and fostering a culture of constant process improvement and review of output
- Handles problems with innovation and creativity
- Has excellent analytical skills and an ability to get to the heart of complex problems
- Self-motivated and proven ability to achieve
- Credible and trustworthy - someone that people will listen to and take notice of - seen as a "go to" person by colleagues
The successful applicant will receive a salary of £55,000 - £65,000 based on experience.