We are looking for a dynamic Internal Audit Manager who plays a significant role on our team. As the Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to ensure audits are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Leading in the oversight of planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of performance, financial-related and compliance audit engagements or consulting engagements to ensure engagements are conducted in accordance with applicable professional auditing standards.
- Supervising and reviewing the work of a staff of five auditors to ensure audit objectives are achieved, sufficient testing is performed; and conclusions are supported.
- Providing feedback and developmental opportunities to audit staff and conducting annual performance evaluations of audit staff.
- Leading in conducting the annual risk assessment in the development of the annual audit plan.
- Participating in Audit Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
**Some overnight travel for audits and training is required for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES
Qualified applicants must submit an application that clearly reflects work experience that demonstrates the following:
- Experience in independently leading and conducting the planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of performance, financial or financial-related and/or compliance audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) or International Professional Practices Framework (Standards) to include developing audit methodologies; analyzing complex data and evaluating complex processes for audit risk and audit sampling purposes; executing audit procedures; preparing succinct and accurate working papers and drafting reports of findings and recommendations.
- Experience in independently leading and facilitating discussions with audit program personnel to ascertain relevant information needed to appropriately identify audit risk and audit scope.
- Experience in conducting entity risk assessments in development of an audit plan.
- Experience in supervising others to include reviewing the work of staff auditors and providing constructive feedback, delegation of work assignments, effective communication and performance evaluation.
- Experience in identifying business risks, evaluating internal controls and making recommendations for improvement.
Management prefers applicants who have certifications or working towards certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other discipline related to the area of assignment with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of related professional experience, of which two years is audit experience; or Bachelor’s degree in any field from an appropriately accredited institution and certification/licensure as a certified public accountant, certified internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, certified information system auditor; or related certification/license and three years of related experience including two years of audit experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SUPPLEMENTAL AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Deborah Jernigan: 919.707.4570
Applicant must meet both the minimum requirements and all posted Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements to be considered Qualified for the position.
It is important that your application includes all your relevant education and work experience and that you answer all questions associated with the application. NCDOT will not accept “See Attached” or “See Resume” in lieu of education and work experience completed on the application. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting date will be accepted.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply online at the North Carolina Office of State Human Resources website by 11:59pm on March 1, 2021. The link below will direct you to the website.