Senior Financial Analyst
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The Accounting & Finance Department in the Accounting and Finance Division has an opening for a part time (60%) Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The position can be a remote telecommuter role.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, field sites, consultants, collaborators, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Responsible for providing support to EDC’s Chief Financial Officer and others at EDC, with various ad hoc projects and programs, including assisting Administration & Finance department heads with annual budgeting and monthly financial reports.
The Senior Financial Analyst:
- Coordinates the annual budget process, working closely with the CFO and the Manager of Budgeting & Financial Analysis as he transitions to a part time role focusing more on financial reporting.
- Assists the CFO with quarterly financial reports for the Trustees and monthly reports for internal management
- Undertakes special projects as needed
- Provides senior management with financial analysis and recommendations critical to high-level decision-making across EDC
- Provides/oversees financial analysis and support to other Administration & Finance departments (cost analysis, infrastructure investments, etc.)
- Facilitates efficiency through teamwork and feedback exchanges
- Troubleshoots problems, develops multiple problem-solving alternatives; and coordinates corrective strategies
- Demonstrates complete discretion in dealing with confidential information
This position requires strong communication skills; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree strongly preferred; MBA or MS preferred
- At least 10 years experience in financial analysis and business planning
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills are critical
- A hands-on approach with accuracy, attention to detail, organization
- Experience working in a sponsored research environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint essential
- Technical proficiency in financial modeling and analysis
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Deltek, Costpoint, and Enterprise Planner desirable
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work as a team player
- Familiarity with budgetary and financial reporting requirements of federal government funding agencies
- Sound business judgment and financial expertise
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for details and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and to anticipate & respond to changing business needs