Assistant Manager/Manager - Internal Audit & Controls
You will play a key role in delivering our strategy and growing our practice in the UK. You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership capability and take on responsibilities for leading teams, developing and refining our propositions, building and maintaining client relationships, managing business operations, staying abreast of changes to the regulations and identifying new opportunities to grow our business and expand our service offerings.
The organisation are a market leading Accountancy Practice with offices in Manchester and across the North.
The key responsibilities include;
* Delivery of large and complex global projects. You be responsible for leading interesting and challenging work on a day-to-day basis, ensuring we utilise leading and innovative technology enabled delivery methods as well as more traditional support such as PMO, team leadership and implementation or monitoring of control frameworks;
* Business development - we believe there is unprecedented opportunity in the Controls Advisory space and we are looking for creative thinkers and motivators to identify new opportunities, develop propositions and take them to market with the help of our extensive network. Creative thinking is essential.
Both elements are crucial to our success and offer exciting development and progression opportunities for successful candidates.
The successful candidate should;
- Possess and apply a relevant subject matter expertise for control frameworks ideally including Sarbanes-Oxley, UK Corporate Governance and technology.
- Demonstrate a broad range of client experience across industries.
- Anticipates changes to policy, laws and regulations (including accounting regulations) and provides advice on the impact/implications for clients.
- Understands and applies knowledge of innovative solutions.
- Develops and co-ordinates appropriate relationships with regulatory authorities/industry bodies.
- Builds relationships and establishes visibility as an SME through participation in professional associations, networks, publishing articles, speaking engagements.
- Uses judgement in assessing risk in client assignments and consults where appropriate.
The successful candidate will receive;
- Competitive Salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience and qualifications,
- Exposure to excellent clients across various sectors
- Proven track record of coaching & up-skilling,
- Competitive benefits package