This role is the perfect opportunity for a finance individual with a few years of experience in a transactional department to come in and work temporarily in a supportive and friendly finance environment, where you would be part of a large finance team who work on multiple projects so they need an individual who can come in and hit the ground running with a proactive mindset.
This FMCG company based in Welwyn Garden City are looking for a keen and able Finance Assistant to come in and support the Finance Manager and Controller with purchase ledger and transactional finance, alongside month end procedures. They have been growing massively in the last few years and have many internal opportunities to support individual growth and progression, alongside accelerating global growth currently.
- Entering purchase invoices into Sage in an accurate and timely manner
- Matching and coding invoices
- Ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely manner and resolving any queries
- Responsible for keeping the rebate schedule and marketing tracker up to date, with invoices received during the month
- Resolution of supplier queries
- Month end duties including bank reconciliations
- Credit control duties, chasing unpaid invoices
- Responsible for uploading and approving employee credit card expenses on our online portal
- Assist with the management accounts, including aged creditors analysis, fixed asset depreciation and prepayment analysis
- Responsible for posting monthly journal adjustments into our accounting software
- Assist with the year-end audit and liaising with auditors
- Responsible for credit card reconciliations each month
- Assisting with the smooth running of the finance department
- Cover other finance duties when other team members are absent
- Undertake additional ad hoc duties when required.
The successful finance assistant will have:
- A degree in a finance or highly mathematical subject - ideally a 2:1 or higher
- An aim to studying ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- A good understanding of Excel functions - VLookups and Pivot Tables
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to solve problems
This is a fantastic temporary opportunity for a finance assistant to come in and gain responsibility and a wider understanding of finance. You will get experience of month end, analysis and much more and be supported wholeheartedly by the finance business partner who wants someone to progress and learn as much as possible. The candidate will get a competitive hourly rate and there could be a potential permanent position at the end of the few months, but candidates must be immediately available or on a short notice period.