Transactional Finance Manager job for a NHS services provider based in Derby, paying around £40k - £45k
Your new company
A successful and stable organisation who provides services to the NHS is currently going through a finance team restructure. As a result, they are seeking a Finance Manager who has focused on managing the purchase/sales ledgers including team management. The business comprises of a group of companies with a combined turnover of c£50k. Despite the current climate, this PE backed business is very much cash-generating and also seeking further acquisitions to increase their existing portfolio.
Your new role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and joining a team of 11, you will be responsible for full ledger accounting and duties will include:
- Day to day management of the transactional team which is a team of 4 including both purchase and sales ledger clerks.
- Ensure all team members are completing their tasks in a timely and accurate manner, performance management where necessary
- Develop good working relationships with the operations management teams to provide support and information when needed
- Ensure all ledger accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis including balance sheet and control accounts
- Ensure the necessary controls are in place for processes to run smoothly and efficiently
- Lead the relationships with banks, customers and suppliers and acting as the main point of contact for any queries
- Posting any intercompany journals and ensuring intercompany position is balanced at month end
What you'll need to succeed
You will be have previous team management experience, ideally looking after purchase or sales ledger staff. You must demonstrate your knowledge within ledger management and be confident in your ability to lead the team and necessary processes. Ideally you will have experience in Sage 200 but this is not essential. You will ideally be AAT qualified (as a minimum) and be looking to join a business that thrives on collective support.
What you'll get in return
You will be given a salary between £40k - £45k (depending on experience) and have the opportunity to join a secure and stable business during some challenging times.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.