Director, Global Compensation and Payroll
Focused on solutions that help the world move safely and easily, Verra Mobility builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the connected systems that tie them together. The company is constantly looking toward the future, ensuring it creates relevant solutions today that will work tomorrow. Seeking to understand new customers, regions, and businesses that will shape tomorrow's smart mobility experiences, Verra Mobility strives to ensure more people around the world reach their destination safely and easily. Keeping its core principles front and center, Verra Mobility is fueled by relationships, driven by impact, guided by what's right, and energized by what's next.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values-Do What's Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It-in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
The Director, Global Compensation and Payroll is responsible for supporting the compensation function for the global organization by overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's compensation programs as well as leading the global and U.S. Payroll. This individual will partner with Human Resources Business Partners and will be the internal expert to the business, responsible for providing a comprehensive consultative approach to compensation. The ideal candidate will be able to draw upon experience, industry best practices, and leveraging resources to demonstrate expertise within the discipline and serve as a trusted advisor. This individual must be able to work autonomously and identify the highest priorities in the compensation space. This individual must be able to manage, coach and lead a small team to ensure flawless execution of global and U.S. payrolls.
- Trusted compensation advisor to the CPO and HRBP team with all matters related to global compensation and payroll
- Creates and streamlines compensation processes for the global organization including stakeholder engagement, documentation, and ongoing evolution
- Partners with HR Business Partners to analyze organizational structure and ensure appropriate spans and layers exist across the organization
- Identifies opportunities to enhance compensation practices across the business while recognizing the nuances of each business unit
- Assists in the development and dissemination of effective change management and communication materials that enhance the understanding and value of compensation programs
- Conducts competitive benchmarking and survey analysis to assist with the evaluation of company's salary ranges, grade levels, short-term and long-term incentive program design, and other compensation programs for the global organization
- Leads the annual compensation and merit review process, globally
- Manages and leads execution of end-to-end global and U.S. payroll processes and systems
- Manage compliance with all Country, Federal, State, and local payroll tax laws
- Manage compliance with all minimum wage, living wage, and prevailing wage requirements
- Coaches, mentors and develops talent
- Supports the development of materials for the compensation committee including any necessary analysis
- Assists in the administration of the company's equity program; Addresses employees' equity related issues either directly with the employee and/or in partnership with the external stock plan administrator
- Monitors federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance
- Provides insight and guidance on prospective candidate offers Partners with vendors and external partners, as needed, to develop strategies and project plans to address business compensation needs
- Serves as a consultative resource to managers and Human Resources in completing job descriptions and evaluating FLSA status in partnership with the Legal team; Conducts job evaluations utilizing market data and internal equity and provides guidance regarding appropriate salary ranges for jobs
- Participates in annual salary surveys
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Minimum 7 years' experience in global & US Compensation & Payroll required
- Minimum 2 years' experience with data analytics required
- Previous experience in technology industry or HR consulting firm required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Math, Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional designation strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and formulas required
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, organize, prioritize, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to follow through and see projects through to completion
- Able to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrates respect for employees at all levels of the organization by responding quickly and appropriately to their requests
- Ability to work independently, as well as, effectively and efficiently within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values
- Do What's Right - We've committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers - integrity is our DNA
- Lead With Grace - We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It - We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together - We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.