Group Financial Reporting Manager
The Group Financial Reporting Manager will lead the Financial reporting team in delivery of timely and accurate monthly financial reports, statutory reporting and audit requirements for a global listed business.
Michael Page is currently partnering with a key client and highly successful business based in Wiltshire. Due to rapid growth over the last 4 years, they are looking to strengthen their group finance function with a Group Financial Reporting Manager.
The Group Financial Reporting Manager will ensure that reported financial balances and underlying transactions are compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards, audit requirements, and Group financial accounting policies.
- Developing function capability, managing and empowering the team to deliver "best in class" financial reporting.
- Manage monthly preparation of Group consolidated Balance Sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow statements, including preparation of board slides.
- Suggesting and implementing agreed improvements.
- Documentation and reporting of material financial risks.
- Review and provide explanation movements in overall financial balances to senior stakeholders.
- Review, project management and delivery of a new consolidation platform following ERP go-live in 2021.
- Ensure Management reporting is aligned to Statutory reporting and implement processes to ensure differences are corrected efficiently.
- Review, communicate and track delivery of the Group monthly accounting timetable, providing updates on progress and issues as required.
- Responsible for implementation of processes and controls to ensure that balance sheet accounts are reconciled at appropriate frequencies, and that a documented review take place at an appropriate level.
- Manage the preparation and review of Annual and Interim reporting to IFRS and group accounting policies, ensuring underlying accounting records are maintained to audit standard, and any known risks of non-compliance are flagged appropriately.
- Act as the key point of contact for the Group's Auditors and take responsibility for managing the audit process.
- Lead the Group intangible asset impairment review process with specific activities including:
- Working closely with FPA and Commercial teams to review long range product level forecasting.
- Calculation of discounted cashflow forecasts.
- Review and update of discount rate calculations.
- Management of impairment review controls.
- Presentation to the Audit Committee and Board
- Management and communication of external audit timetable and requirements.
- Maintain statutory reporting compliance calendar and checklist for all Group entities.
- Responsible for preparation of Group entities' UK statutory reporting, and management of overseas statutory reporting in conjunction with subsidiary teams.
- Support operational Treasury processes, controls and procedures as required.
- Supervision and review of VPAS monthly calculations, accounting, audits and reporting.
- Review of UK and European VAT returns and associated reconciliations to the nominal ledger.
- Provide day to day support to the GFM with acquisitions, including integration, cash and balance sheet forecasting and proposing accounting processes to meet group accounting requirements.
- Provision of data and analysis for analyst presentations as required.
- Responsible for review of the financial insurance renewal information requirements.
- Provide supervision and assistance to wider finance team members in the absence of the GFM.
- Other tasks and projects as requested by senior members of the finance team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Demonstrated post qualification experience and technical expertise in multi-entity IFRS consolidation, international accounting, and financial management
- Clear track record leading, coaching and developing a team.
- Technical ability to ensure IFRS consolidation and reporting for an international group with multiple entities is completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Highly numerate with demonstratable excel skills, including Vlookup, pivot tables, data manipulation and presentation at a minimum.
- Ability to prepare and present technical proposals for the senior leadership team.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage time to deal with operational duties and ongoing business projects.
- High level of attention to detail, and willing to investigate and resolve complex issues to completion.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the impact financial accounting processes can have on the wider business.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver continuous improvements.