Our client, a Charity based in Leicestershire is looking to recruit an experienced Qualified Accountant to join its organisation.
You will possess experience of working within the Charities/Not for Profit Sectors.
* To report to the CEO, and Trustees on a regular basis on the financial performance of the charity.
* To prepare monthly management accounts for distribution and presentation to senior management and Trustees.
* To prepare ad hoc financial reports as required by the needs of the business and at the request of management and Trustees.
* To prepare financial budgets at a departmental and organisational level through liaison with department heads and staff.
* To compile financial forecasts for integration within the charity's business plan.
* To contribute to the business plan at a strategic level.
* To manage the cash flow of the organisation and publish regular cash flow statements.
* To maintain good treasury management policies that help ensure good cash control. Effective credit control policies should be supervised and maintained.
* To ensure that the Charity has adequate banking facilities.
* To supervise the day to day activities of the finance department and to provide hands on support where required.
* To prepare the Trustee's Report and Financial Statements, including SORP reporting, for the year including all supporting information required by the external auditors.
* To work closely with the external auditors on both the year-end compliance work and on-going issues in which they may be involved.
* To provide support to the Audit Committee.
* To manage the internal audit function.
* To manage all the charity's tax affairs, including VAT and to seek professional advice on these matters where appropriate.
* To review and manage any investments made by the charity and to advise on these investments and future investment policy. To advise on the suitability of the Investment Managers.
* To attend and contribute to management, trustee and other meetings.
* To attend and present to the annual conference as required.
For further information and an informal chat, please call us on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.