About the Finance Apprentice role:
The role provides the opportunity to learn a variety of skills working within our Finance department that fulfil all the elements of an Assistant Accountant.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for day to day processing of journals involving Banking, month-end, Fixed Assets and monthly balance sheet reconciliations. This role will be within the Finance team and will support the operational delivery of financial services.
Responsibilities of our Finance Apprentice:
- Work within Peabody offices to learn about the business, to develop interpersonal, finance and accounting skills
- Work with the Finance Manager in carrying out financial and capital accounting tasks with a view to progressing towards a Finance Assistant level
- Be responsible for the daily processing of journal transactions on SUN system using export files from other sub-ledgers where necessary
- Be responsible for daily bank statement downloads and electronic filing
- Banking, including reconciliation of expenses and bank reconciliations
- Control account reconciliations and clearing suspense account
- Provide support and assist the team with analyses as required
- Gain awareness of Financial Operating Regulations and work in line with Peabody processes and procedures, being vigilant all the time in order to safeguard controls
- Run financial reports as required by the Finance Manager
- Operate IT systems, including bespoke packages, as required: - Microsoft Office, Peabody's Intranet, SUN Accounts, PA Advantage products
What we're looking for in our Finance Apprentice:
- 5 GCSE's at Grade C or higher including Maths and English or a Level 2 apprenticeship in a finance related discipline
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in your approach
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when to help the organisation achieve its mission
- Excellent all-round IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to carry out manual work responsibilities
- Capacity and willingness to receive training in the use of special equipment, materials and chemicals
Successful completion of the Level 3 Assistant Account Apprenticeship will give you the AAT level 3 qualification. Apprenticeship training will be provided by First Intuition and will mainly be delivered remotely
Closing date: Tuesday 26th January 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Finance Apprentice, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST