Audit Senior City
Working in a mid-tier practice firm, predominantly within their dedicated audit department on a varied portfolio of clients, you will be handling corporate, high net worth individual clients and some public interest entities.
An impressive Central London Accountancy firm that have drive and ambition. This is reflected in their on-going organic growth, even during difficult times. The firm have a modern outlook which is refreshing, and they value their people as their biggest asset.
Their training and mentorships programme give their staff the opportunity to use their strengths and interests which guides them through their career within the firm.
There is an emphasis on a high quality service being provided to their clients at all times.
The qualified Audit Senior will oversee the full audit process, reporting to the managers and partners during the assignments. Portfolio coverage ranges from small and medium sized privately owned limited companies, to LLP's, partnerships and sole traders.
- You will inform the partners/managers in charge of any key issues that may arise and communicate your findings effectively, whilst working within the allocated budgets.
- You will be responsible for supervising both semi-seniors and junior staff within your team, and you must be confident leading audit teams of up to 5 people on a job.
- Prepare a well organised audit file and present to managers and partners
- Be the Audit 'in-charge' on-site, and prepare the planning of the audit and execution including compliance, testing and review stages
- Produce draft accounts with minimal outstanding queries before review
- Support and help train junior staff whilst on assignments and monitor and review their work. Be able to constructively give advice on any improvement points
- Production of draft accounts, together with producing a well-presented paperless audit file for review
- Communicate with clients to agree adjustments
- Handle disclosure requirements
- Auditing tax computations
- Draft management letters and reports
- Ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise
- Be responsible for dealing with technical issues or seeking guidance when needed
- Qualified ACA, ACCA
- Must have the necessary skills/experience at a senior and qualified level to meet the requirements of the role above.
- Practical work experience of producing and reviewing accounts.
- Up to date working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- Knowledge and experience of producing both corporate and personal tax returns
- Be able to multi-task and prioritise your work
- Useful software knowledge is a plus to include Pro-Audit, CCH and Excel
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Death in service life assurance
- Childcare vouchers paid via salary sacrifice
- Cycle to work scheme