Tax Assistant - Professional Services
The Tax team of a leading global Law Firm is looking to recruit a Tax Assistant. The Taxation team deals with all taxation matters relating to partners' financial involvement in the firm and provides support to the firm's senior management on partner-related issues, tax planning and partnership tax compliance.
The role will initially be focused on preparing partners tax returns but will gradually get involved in Partnership Tax and Corporate Tax too.
UK tax compliance
- Preparation of Self-Assessment tax returns for non-UK resident partners for review;
- Sending tax return to the partner with cover letter for approval;
- Submission of tax return to HMRC;
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking the progress of return preparation and individual partners tax payments;
- Arrange payments of the firms UK income and corporate tax liabilities by the due date;
- Prepare and dispatch overseas tax questionnaire to all partners, and follow up with individual partners where relevant;
- Assist with the preparation of the various LLP tax adjusted profit computations;
- Assist with preparing the various Corporate Tax returns;
Administration of overseas tax compliance:
- Collate information required by overseas tax advisers to prepare tax returns for partners not resident in those jurisdictions, check those returns where necessary and ensure all returns are signed and filed by the relevant deadlines;
- Ensure signed Powers of Attorney are in place for all partners and sent to tax advisors as appropriate;
- Prepare schedule of overseas tax payments for US citizens who are not resident in the US;
- Notify UK and overseas tax advisers of joining or retiring partners on a timely basis to enable them to follow up with local tax authorities where relevant;
- Liaise with individual retired partners or other firms (in the case of lateral movements) to ascertain which jurisdictions have overlapping profits and to agree responsibility for preparing returns and the split of any tax liability.
- Maintain schedules of overseas workdays for particular jurisdiction
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate should be educated to Degree level or equivalent or have relevant tax experience and whilst an accounting/tax qualification is not a pre-requisite this would be useful.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary is on offer but mostly this will be a role offering a lot of professional development and training and opportunities for progression within the team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.