Accounts Payable Executive
Location: Johor Bahru, Johor
- The A / P Executive will be responsible for all accounting work that are associated with processing Accounts Payable transactions including payments and travel and expense processing.
- In this role, you will process invoices, credit notes and debit notes from vendors accurately & on a timely manner, and complete payments and control expenses by verifying / reconciling invoices.
- Key responsibilities Validation and booking of supplier invoices and matching invoices with Purchase Orders (PO) Obtaining appropriate approvals for non-PO invoices Fund Request and Payments processing Handling Supplier and Site queries relating to payables
- Processing Travel Expense Reports A / P month-end closing and reporting and supporting the A / P Senior Executive / Team Leader in carrying out the responsibilities of A / P department
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents
- Respond to A / P Helpdesk tickets within 2 days from receipt date Involve in data cleansing activity and data ownership transfer
- Participate in Daily Huddles and collaborate with internal customers, i.e. Site, Procurement, Supply Chain, MDM, Tax, Compliance, Finance team etc. as required Email and phone interactions with Vendors and auditors (if required) Participating in knowledge transfer and process documentation to secure a safe transfer of A / P work from Finance departments abroad to the Shared Service Supporting, if required, other process areas during peak periods of work
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives within the A / P process area and Shared Service as a whole
Qualifications and skills
- Diploma / Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related discipline with at least 2 years work experience and knowledge of invoice posting / payment processes CONCUR processing experience is preferred, with ERP (SAP) knowledge
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement, change and the challenge to make it better Process driven, systematic, analytical with keen eye for details
- Excellent understanding of value for vendors and stakeholders Ability to handle queries in an efficient and professional manor and communicate promptly with our Vendors / Internal Customers Efficient use of MS Office tools to document, analyse, interpret and present data to bring about efficiencies in the process
- Respect for various cultures and able to work effectively in a complex (matrix) environment