Diverse & creative business with an impressive, well known client base.
Looking for an ambitious & career focused Financial Controller to with a passion for the business; someone who wants to get under the skin of what business create, drive excellence, and coach the team.
The ideal candidate will grow from a Financial Controller to a Finance Director with the company.
Our Greater Manchester based client are a £100 million turnover, incredibly impressive & successful business.
Having experienced a huge uplift in sales this year, the business are in a sector that has been in demand throughout the past 12 months.
With contracts in place with major, well known companies, their revenue stream is diverse & secure. However, there is yet more room for this ambitious & reputable business to thrive. In particular, the business now looks to continental Europe to expand into new markets.
The culture is that of an SME as opposed to a large corporate; the business is proud of their heritage & values.
We are looking for a skilled accountant who loves business, and wants their next career move to have longevity as well as progression.
The key responsibilities of this Financial Controller role based in Greater Manchester will be:
- Compile the month end management accounts & commentary
- Take a lead on the year end and liaising with auditors
- Balance sheet control & reviews
- Profit and loss responsibility
- Cashflow monthly forecasting
- Margin analysis and cost saving initiatives
- Work closely with senior management and directors to advise on commercial matters, explaining the story behind the numbers and spotting opportunities for investment / cost saving
- Team development duties & assessing the current processes, suggesting possible improvements and efficiencies
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller role based in Greater Manchester will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Ideally have some retail or e-commerce experience (not essential but experience of working in an industry with a tangible product would be helpful)
- A approachable, welcoming team leader and a clear communicator, able to offer insightful opinions to the senior leadership team
- A loyal, team orientated individual; we are looking to welcome in a Financial Controller to work closely with the business for a substantial period of time
- A capable & technically strong senior finance professional who is happy to be both hands on and also confident enough to be involved in strategic decision making when required
- A great team manager with experience of leading large teams previously
This unique Financial Controller role can offer a salary of £60000-70000 dependent on experience. In addition, the business is able to offer flexible working on occasion and a range of other benefits to be confirmed.