Finance Director | Nottinghamshire | £90,000 - £110,000 + suite of benefits (including car / bonus / pension / healthcare etc.)
Game-changing opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, diverse group with both an impressive history / track record and an exciting strategy for growth in coming years.
The owner led business (£80m+ turnover) is interestingly diverse and benefits from a range of profitable revenue streams. Fundamentally the core business is multi-site retail and ecommerce and despite the challenges of 2020 they have continued to navigate successfully to profit in the past financial year.
The Directors have both the experience & the burning appetite to deliver significant growth over the next 3-5 years and you will be joining at a timely juncture (for both you and the group). The position is a result of retirement and you will benefit from a detailed, thorough handover from someone with superb and intimate knowledge / understanding of the organisation.
This is an FD role which is right in the thick of the action. You will work extremely closely with the owners and the talented senior leadership team. As the primary finance contact for the group, you will be an absolutely vital sounding board for key strategic decision making, ongoing financial management, reporting and leadership.
You will enjoy
You will manage the full finance function - transactional finance, payroll, management accounting and reporting and your role is all encompassing - monthly presentation of accounts, year end and audit management, budgeting, forecasting, cash management (including multicurrency management), due diligence and acquisition targeting, project accounting... all aspects - kit and caboodle.
The full train set is yours and the directors will welcome new ideas and new ways of working from a fresh set of eyes.
The business is agile and highly aspirational, and you will work with infectiously enthusiastic and driven Directors. You will no doubt be involved in projects which is expected to include acquisitions. An ERP change / implementation is also likely to be on the agenda for you to get your teeth into. You'll enjoy the cut and thrust of working in a fast paced, fleet of foot and growing retail business which will sit in the £100m+ turnover bracket in 2021 / 2022.
What the business is looking for
This is a hands-on role - it's a privately owned group and the Directors are looking for someone with a sleeves-rolled-up approach to understanding the numbers rather than an 'ivory tower' FD. You need that balance of strategic awareness coupled with a willingness to get into the regular and routine detail. You'll grow with the group and ideally really become part of the fabric of the organisation.
It is an incredible opportunity to join a business which is in superb financial state. They have built an outstanding platform to push on from and can offer stability, security, scope to progress and a diverse, broad FD position to the right individual.
You will need:
- A completed relevant professional qualification (ACA / ACCA or CIMA)
- To be looking for a number 1 role within a diverse medium sized group with various trading arms / revenue streams.
- To be able to confidently demonstrate a track record of success in the role of FD / Head of Finance within a business that has a reasonable degree of complexity.
- To have a hands-on approach and be comfortable digging down into the nitty gritty where required.
- To be confident in your ability to build / manage close working relationships with external stakeholders (banks / insurers / auditors).
- To be comfortable working really closely with (and presenting to) the business owners / senior leadership team.
- To be someone with a real passion for business who will take pride in being on the journey with the group.
- You will ideally have qualified in a practice environment before moving to industry and have an excellent baseline of technical accounting skills.
- Experience of a retail environment would be a major advantage.
- You will be someone confident working under your own steam to meet deadlines and manage projects alongside your business-as-usual reporting timeframes.
- To be confident managing the statutory accounts / year end process.
If you are looking to join a growing group as Finance Director / Group Finance Director, please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct. The Directors are looking for someone to join the business in H1 2021.