Trust Tax Assistant Manager
Trust Tax Assistant Manager - Prestigious Law Firm
The Private Client Department of a prestigious Law Firm in the City of London is looking to recruit a qualified Chartered Accountant to assist in the trust and tax section in managing their clients' trust, tax and financial affairs for an established portfolio of clients and to work closely with the managers and other fee earners.
General day to day duties will include:
- Assisting with trust compliance including accounts and tax return preparation
- Inheritance tax forms as required for trusts
- Preparation for and attendance at client meetings
- Assisting with more complex cases on ad hoc assignments when called upon by tax and trust managers and solicitors in the private client department
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to be proactive and reactive in addressing clients' affairs and requirements
- Strong communications skills and an ability to work as part of a team, including with our private client lawyers and other professionals within and outside this firm
- Achieve minimum time targets and meet regular billing requirements
- Ability to keep abreast with changes in legislation and market developments
- Good IT skills and preferably a working knowledge of CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax
- High degree of knowledge of trust accounting, including specialist areas such as landed estates and charitable organisations (knowledge of SORP would be beneficial)
- High degree of knowledge of the taxation of trusts
- An understanding of estate, personal, offshore and indirect taxation matters
- ACA qualification preferably newly qualified with up to two years' relevant experience
Salary will depend on level and experience. The successful candidate will be supported in their continued professional development.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.