Global Payroll OE(BA) Manager
Do you want to be instrumental in the success of some of Amazon's most strategic and highly impactful projects? Amazon's Finance Operations Payroll team has an immediate opening for a seasoned Business Analyst whose experience illustrates a clear ability to support implementation of global technologies and services to meet long term business needs.
The Business Analyst is self-driven, and goal oriented with a focus in delivering a business solution that meets the user's needs. As a Business Analyst, you will have broad technology knowledge. Payroll industry expertise is preferred but not required. The Business Analyst is a member of a global Business Analyst team. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. The Business Analyst will support global projects, processes, systems, and teams and therefore requires up to 40% international travel.
This position will work with the Finance Technology Project Management Office (PMO) whose primary function is the delivery of high profile initiatives. As such, you will have exposure to the technology that is needed to facilitate Amazon payroll operations. The Business Analyst will partner with Project Managers and in the absence of a Project Manager may be required to manage projects. As a business Analyst, you will also work with Finance Technology developers and must have the ability to communicate effectively with technologists as well as payroll operators which will require the ability to translate functional specifications into technical solutions and vice versa.
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to understand the users' goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
- Lead efforts in analyzing, collecting, and prioritizing user requirements, and translate business requirements into technical design, processes and use cases.
- Partner with the development team on system design and gap analysis.
- Create and maintain software development artifacts such as requirements documentation, use cases, test cases, data flow diagrams, UI wireframes, and internal support documentation.
- Work with stakeholder requirements for scoping and understanding roadmap challenges.
- Have the ability to recommend and design work around solutions when necessary.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
- Communicate with Stakeholders, in a manner that enables them to have a common understanding of the product status, risks, and decision points of system or process changes.
- Partner with the PMO team in assessing tools, approaches, processes, methodology and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Work with the Operational Excellence team to understand, design and build requirements for efficiencies in the Payroll area.
- Act as a project manager for small and medium projects by directing, supporting and coaching project(s) team members and stakeholders and reporting on the project progress and status.
- Travel internationally.
Basic Qualifications :
3+ years of experience business analysis experience working with internal customers and development teams
• Proven technical skills with an advanced knowledge of SQL, including ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments, and data structures
• Strong process/workflow skills along with strong technical skills, various BI tools and Excel
• Experience coordinating and managing projects
Preferred Qualifications :
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business Analytics (preferably in quantitative field).
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Able to create structure, navigate somewhat ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward
• Payroll experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a matrix organization
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Global Payroll OE(BA) Manager
Skills: Business Analyst, Sql, Etl, Bi Tools
Experience: 3.00-6.00 Years