The LSU Foundation is seeking an experienced and motivated professional to serve as its Controller, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The Controller's primary purpose is to oversee the business, accounting, and financial reporting functions of the LSU Foundation and related entities.
- Review LSU Foundation and related entities' external and internal financial statements, schedules, and reports, and assist in planning agenda items for meetings of the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Review year-end closing entries and procedures, review Forms 990 for LSU Foundation and related entities, and review business contracts and legal documents related to the Foundation and its subsidiary organizations.
- Make recommendations to the CFO regarding operating policies and procedures, business processes and compliance with external regulations.
- Advise and respond to inquiries from university beneficiaries regarding Foundation business policies and processes, as well as compliance with external regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Progressive accounting and financial reporting experience
- Experience in a supervisory/management role
- Master’s degree in Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in public accounting or in a non-profit or banking/investment environment
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action. Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
- Effective Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy: Focuses on paying attention to all details and aspects of a job or process to avoid substandard outputs.
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.