Strategic Credit Risk Manager
Experienced Strategic Credit Risk Manager - Mortgage Experience Required - M3 Corridor - Competitive Salary
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this leading Mortgage provider during an exciting time to expansion as their new Strategic Credit Risk Manager.
Your new role
This newly created role will be responsible for the strategic direction of the 2nd line credit risk function and driving Credit Risk strategy for existing and future lending products.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the oversight of Credit Risk Management, from a second line perspective.
- Drive Credit Risk strategy for existing and future lending products within agreed tolerance and FCA regulations.
- Review and determine risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Ensure that Credit Risk requirements are managed appropriately within the organisation in line with regulatory and internal expectations.
- Develop and refine credit models to underwrite company customer base of borrowers in alignment with strategic business objectives
- Liaise with the second line Operational Risk and Prudential risk & compliance areas/colleagues to risk assess the financial and operational resilience of (and related MI and risk appetites for) the firm holistically.
- Proactively analyse market information, environmental changes, and economic trends to identify emerging or possible risks, recommending changes in approach as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an accomplished Credit Risk Manager with proven underwriting experience from a mortgage lending background. This role is predominantly strategically based and as such you will need to be able to demonstrate a sound history of strategic credit risk / underwriting direction and management. The ability to engage at all levels of the business and with industry regulators is key to developing this role and working fluidly with the operational and 1st line business areas.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to c£70,000 + Benefits, depending on experience. Covid19 aside, there will be opportunity for hybrid working however there will need to be a regular presence in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.