Payroll Specialist - Year Round
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital ™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass , the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word "squaw," which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Competencies and Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: General office equipment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
- 1 year(s): Previous payroll, accounting, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft d365.
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software.
- Experience with Ultipro Payroll Software.
- High School or better