Aristeo Construction, one of the nation's largest full-service general contractors, is seeking an experienced Controller to join our Accounting team. If you have a strong financial management background, are internal-customer driven, and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you!
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting department
- Ensure accounting compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Maintain an accurate system of accounting record keeping by setting comprehensive controls and documenting processes
- Supervise and manage the Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable staff
- Maintain positive working relationships with all outside professional services, including auditors, CPA firms, financial institutions, etc.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and interpreting financial data to produce accurate and timely financial reports
- Manage the completion of the month-end close process
- Responsible for effectively handling all company audits, including trade unions, federal, state, local, and insurance-related audits
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the company's cash and deposit accounts
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with Senior Management
- Extensive understanding of financial trends, financial statistics, and accounting principles
- Proficient in Excel; experience with Crystal Report Writing and knowledge of Viewpoint (Vista) software is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA preferred
- 8-10 years of accounting and/or financial experience
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred
We offer our clients comprehensive construction solutions in the manufacturing, commercial, industrial, higher education, and energy markets. We also boast one of the largest self-perform workforces in the state, with experience across seven different skilled trades. This combination sets us apart and allows us to better exceed unique customer expectations regarding project schedule, efficient workflows, out-of-the-box ideas, and value-engineered solutions. We are known for our culture of safety, integrity, respect, quality, and a dedication to doing the work right.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Aristeo employees have access to the high tech software, automated equipment, and innovative methodologies that we use on exciting and challenging construction projects all over the United States for industry-leading clients. As a key member of our team, you will have a real impact on one of our multimillion-dollar projects and will have the opportunity to add to our hundreds of years of collective experience.
Aristeo has been voted by our own employees as one of Metro Detroit's and the Nation's Best & Brightest Places to Work for six years in a row - a designation that highlights our commitment to employees and creating a family-friendly and rewarding culture. Join the fun with our tight-knit team at our many company events and volunteer opportunities. In addition, Aristeo offers employer-paid benefits, competitive salaries, ongoing professional development, and opportunities for growth.
If you want to be part of something BIG, then join our growing Aristeo team!
Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, Michigan, United States