International Tax Analyst
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under with some supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
The Tax Analyst is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager and Director with preparation and review of Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) international tax compliance. The Tax Analyst researches and documents international tax reporting requirements and participates in the reporting processes to ensure compliance. The Tax Analyst will also perform an audit role by reviewing work completed Tax Specialists as directed by Tax Manager. The Tax Analyst will also perform related duties and projects as assigned in support of the company's tax reporting and compliance responsibilities.
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: workpaper preparation, self-review of work product for accuracy, completion of reconciliations
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results
- Achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to provide accurate and timely work product, and
- establishing priorities for self in order to meet deadlines and follow company policies and procedures,
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Prepares tax workpapers supporting filing of international tax returns.
- Prepare, review and post journal entries to be recorded and tax payments to be made.
- Assist in preparation of monthly tax account reconciliations in compliance with MVWP-66 Policy and work with local site teams to obtain necessary reconciliations and information.
- Runs various General Ledger queries from PeopleSoft, including Trial Balances, P&L, B/S, etc.
- Assists with researching and documenting tax processes and issues.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate ability to accurately complete tasks assigned on a timely basis.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Tax and/or accounting experience in corporate or public accounting environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.