· O versee and manage the financial, accounting, and bookkeeping functions of the organization to include AP, AR, budgets, collections, GL, investments, financial reporting and recordkeeping, payroll, and taxes.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the accounting department. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and that the accounting procedures are in strict compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Monitor cost control activities. Approve and implement cost control strategies on an as needed basis.
· Responsible for assisting with financial reporting, cash management, and forecasting reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Prepare and review finance projections and manage all accounting activities.
· Responsible for assisting with preparation of non-interest budgets and periodic analysis of budget variance.
· Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in services to management and other departments. Keep staff up to date on trends and general organizational information.
Experience Required : 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting role
3+ years of banking or financial services experience
1+ year(s) experience in regulatory reporting for the financial services industry
Required Knowledge : Knowledge of financial industry regulations, required reporting, and associated procedures; Knowledge of GAAP and typical methods of implementing GAAP in Financial Management Software commonly used in the financial services industry; Knowledge of depreciation and amortization methodology and standards, ability to use basic reporting software and knowledge of common fields in a core system.
Education/Certification : Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience.