Chief Financial Officer
If so, we are looking for a motivated and driven person like you who has:
- Proven experience in the CFO chair or as a Senior VP of Finance, or commensurate senior financial management experience and ready to step into the top position
- Has operated within a private equity- or venture capital-backed company
- Software and recurring revenue experience, preferably with enterprise customers
- Experience at scale in a business of more than $20M in revenues and a track record of high growth and profitability
- M&A experience, including developing inorganic growth strategies with supporting financial plans/models
- Experience leading a company through successful exit preferred
- Debt financing experience, including managing covenants and other lender requirements
- International experience preferred
- People leadership; track record of attracting, developing and retaining top talent
You should also have the following characteristics:
- Strategic and business acumen -- forward thinking with the ability to understand key business drivers and their financial impacts
- A collaborative leader, effective communicator and team player
- Scrappy and action oriented with a high sense of urgency and a hands-on approach to leadership
- Drives results by setting continually higher goals for self and others, coaching and developing a high-performing team
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Low ego, accountable and high integrity
We do not want you to make the leap without knowing what we need, so here is how we define success for this position:
- Lead the finance function ? including accounting, tax, treasury, FP&A and M&A ? and oversee HR, IT & Legal
- Serve as a thoughtful, strategic and disciplined member of the senior executive team
- Establish trust, rapport and credibility with the board, investors, and other external audiences and partners
- Lead company growth strategy, establishing aggressive revenue targets and profitability objectives
- Drive high-growth through organic measures and M&A activities
- Lead the valuation, analysis, due diligence, negotiations and post-merger integration of recently completed and future acquisitions
- Timely management, forecasting and reporting of cash and cash flow
- Ensure cash optimization and capital efficiency
- Identify the economic levers and key metrics of the business, driving financial insight and rigor around those initiatives
- Interact with clients, partners and vendors to complete contract negotiations.
- Deploy an intimate understanding of software and services revenue recognition rules
- Selectively recruit, build and lead a lean and highly effective finance and accounting team
- Promote a culture of high performance, collaboration and accountability
What we offer you:
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k matching plan.
- A diverse team, where everyone helps each other.
- An open environment for new ideas.
- A laid-back office environment (currently optional, due to the pandemic) and a relaxed dress code.
- Company-provided snacks and drinks in the kitchen, perfect for taking a coffee break and indulging in a quick chat with your co-workers.
- An Open PTO policy, allowing you the flexibility you need to recharge.
- A modern office with adjustable chairs and desks that allow you to work comfortably standing or sitting, whichever you prefer.
- A ping-pong table for some friendly matches with your co-workers to break up the day.