Under the supervision of the Income Tax Administrator, the TaxAnalyst is responsible for assuring the identification and collection of delinquent income tax accounts. The Tax Analyst assists with the operations of the Income Tax Division including auditing of tax returns, maintenance of tax records, and monitoring compliance issues.
Examples of Duties
- Investigate, identify, and initiate collection proceedings of delinquent income tax accounts, both business and residential.
- Work with delinquent tax accounts to set up appropriate payment plans and schedules.
- Provide explanation of the City's tax code and policies.
- Prepare chronically delinquent accounts for referral to outside collection agencies and/or for legal action.
- Represent and testify on behalf of the City in legal proceedings related to prosecution of delinquent taxpayer accounts.
- Audit tax returns and enforce compliance with filing requirements for residents and businesses.
- Process and evaluate billing and compliance reports, schedule and prepare subpoenas for the Tax Administrator's approval.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly reports, tax refund listings, and other financial information for the Finance Department.
- Investigate and resolve taxpayer problems and complaints; assure proper level of customer services.
- Perform special tax projects and analysis as assigned.
- Assist in the daily operations of the Income Tax Division.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, etc., as appropriate.
Three years general knowledge of municipal (Ohio) and Federal tax rules and regulations; Associates Degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred; must possess the essential judgement to exercise broad discretion; knowledge of computers and proficiency with computer software, such as Outlook, Word and Excel; familiarity with Civica Authority Tax software package a plus ; strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate tact, patience and courtesy; valid driver's license required.
Salary Range: $55,146 - $79,956.24
Full-Time - Exempt
Please apply online by visiting www.fairfield-city.org
Please include a current resume & cover letter with application.