Area Finance Controller - Elgin, IL
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete productsand more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- This role will report to the Region Finance Directorand will act as an advisor and business partner for the General Manager in order to drive a positive impact on EBITDA.
- You will create and use financial reports, production data, and other information to influence decisions and control costs in our plants.
- In this role, you will oversee various accounting functions in our plants, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting, payroll, and associated analysis and reporting.
- You will evaluate and make improvements to our accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- This position typically has 5-6direct reports (Accounting Managers and/or Staff Accountants).
- Coaching and developing talent is critical to success in this role.
Key Role Specific Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Development of strategy and long-term financial plans in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth P&L analytical capabilities
- Capex purchasing and payback tracking
- Financial analysis
- Financial forecasting and modeling
- Expense control
Critical Leadership Competencies
- Driving Results
- Fact Based Management
- Coaching & Developing others
- Leadership Communication
- Process Management
- Organizational Savvy
- Team Building
- Requires a bachelor's degree
- CPA certification preferred
- Typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.