Regional Controller $75-100k plus bonus
$75-100k plus bonus
Overland Park, KS
The Regional Controller position provides Accounting Support and oversight for a collection of multiple sites. This Role requires a strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and Accounting information systems. The Regional Controller must be able to resolve issues relating to proper accounting application, revenue recognition, internal controls, system troubleshooting, and process improvements. This Role will have significant interaction with many levels of the organization and people in all areas of the Region along with Accounting for troubleshooting issues and reporting/explaining financials. The Regional Controller will also serve as the team lead for the Regional Controller group and maintain the Corporate books.
- Analyze/understand key business/financial information and communicate key results.
- Review for proper accounting treatment, identify and execute on opportunities for improved processes/results.
- Accounting support for the region including accounting practices, proper GAAP accounting, internal controls, process improvement, revenue recognition, and financial analysis.
- Assist Corporate Controller and CFO with special projects & support for Regional reporting, financial analysis & budgeting/forecasting.
- Maintain Corporate books and associated accounting.
- Maintain and communicate intercompany cost allocations and cost pass-through schedules.
- Review sales/margin and EBITDA results for the assigned locations.
- Check for high/low margin items & review with appropriate branch personnel.
- Ensure processes are followed & proper individuals have a solid understanding of system drivers, to produce accurate financial data.
- Review for proper revenue recognition and revenue/cost matching.
- Assist with annual audit with financial audits.
- Answer questions, review processes & gather required data for auditors.
- Ensure procedures/controls are in place & working appropriately to safeguard company's assets.
- Assist with on-boarding of acquisition targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 5-7 years of accounting experience.
- Public Accounting experience at a national or large regional firm preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting, inventory management, revenue recognition and internal controls
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong PC skills (MS Office)
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop is a plus
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America - https://www.forbes.com/best-professional-recruiting-firms/list/3/#tab:overall
BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management. We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.