Junior Financial Analyst
Reporting to and supporting the Senior Financial Analyst, the Junior Financial Analyst, will analyzing financial statements, monitor budgets and document variances.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Perform budget and year-over-year analysis for various P&L accounts.
• Assist in the preparation of budget and forecast documents.
• Extract data from financial system to analyze various P&L accounts.
• Assist in maintaining and updating various financial system and donor database system-related functions.
• Serve as a backup to the Senior Financial Analyst in distributing monthly reports to financial leadership and field management.
• Assist in the month-end close process; extract general ledger information from donor and expense reimbursement databases; review, date and upload to the financial system.
• Participate in field and other operational audits conducted by the Finance department.
• Assist in the year-end close process and financial statement audit preparation.
• Other duties as required.
• Customer Service
• Process Management
• Process Tasks
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Time Management
• Volunteer Engagement
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
• 1 - 3 years of not-for-profit experience, FP&A experience preferred.
• Knowledge of GAAP reporting.
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational ability.
• Experience with Great Plains, Management Reporter or other large ERP system preferred.
• Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with Blackbaud CRM a plus.
• Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is required to see, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Note: CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Type: Full-time, Permanent.