R&D Tax Advisor
This innovative consultancy has a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Their specific expertise is in the optimisation of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits and R&D grants. The role is a permanent and full-time position based in their High Wycombe office.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients.
• Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them with respect to clients' development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met.
• Creating clear technical and financial documents to justify R&D activities to UK tax authorities.
• Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing the technical summary.
• Supporting R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries.
• Liaise with HMRC on client's behalf.
• Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries.
• Managing client's R&D claims from start to finish.
• Keeping clients updated on the ongoing development of the R&D tax relief scheme.
Required Skills and Work Experience:
• A qualified Tax Consultant / Accountant with several years' experience of processing CT600s and R&D claims.
• Degree educated or similar
• Experience in UK Corporation tax.
• An interest in applying simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors.
• Outstanding numerical skills and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines.
• Experience dealing with HMRC or other tax authorities.
• Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work under own initiative and to deadlines.
• Full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Career Juice Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client