This is a significant leadership role within the business that will be very operational in focus and will play a key part in helping deliver the next stage in the development of the company.
Build the value of the business for all stakeholders (customers, staff & shareholders) by constant reviewing and production of accounts including development and improvements of our financial reporting and system in order to have a robust infrastructure for our financial results. You will oversee the day to day running of the finance department, and report on the Company's financial performance through weekly Board updates and month-end management accounts. You will actively challenge and develop current procedures with a view to driving efficiencies throughout the finance team. You will take the lead on year-end statutory reporting, liaising direct with the auditors you will make sure that this is finalised in a timely manner.
* Ensure that the business exceeds the regulatory requirements in all respects, is fully compliant and operate in a manner that mitigates any potential reputational risk to the business.
* Deliver results required within business plans which will include reporting on the company's performance
* Drive and share best practice across the business
* Timely and accurately prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial
* To effectively and efficiently complete all duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Adapt to the changes required by the senior management team.
Requirements for role holder are:
• Must be a qualified accountant or have extensive experience in a fast-paced environment with tight margins (ACA, ACCA, CIMA preferred)
• Must have strong experience of managing and developing a team whilst being hands-on
• Experience within the automotive sector preferable
• Must be robust, challenging and confident and act with ultimate integrity at all times