Valuations Assistant Manager
The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues. Our FAS specialists support clients with raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
As a Valuations Assistant Manager, you will take responsibility for part or all of a range of valuation assignments and, in doing so, ensure clients' expectations are exceeded through the provision of a quality product within an agreed budget and timescale. If you have seconded into a valuations team from another service line and feel this is where you want your career to go then it could be the perfect opportunity.
You will be involved in all aspects of our valuations practice, including business development activities. Part of a dynamic team with ambitious objectives, your role will be to provide additional expertise to widen our service offering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Valuations for accounting, tax, restructuring, commercial and dispute purposes.
- Valuations of companies or stakes in companies as part of transactional assignments.
- Valuation of companies in the context of the raising of new capital.
- Valuation of companies in the context of employee share schemes.
- Managing projects from cradle to grave, ensuring regular communication with the lead Partner is maintained.
- Preparing valuation reports and models, including supporting appendices and exhibits.
- Business development, including working with colleagues in other teams.
- Acts as a point of contact for both senior management and client.
- Building strong working relationships with clients.
- Show vision and strategic perspective.
- Delivering confident and clear presentations.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of delivering valuations for a variety of purposes and across multiple industries or a strong desire to do so.
- Strong research skills.
- Able to explain technical issues to non-accountants.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships.
- Client relationship management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Experience of developing new initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience of identifying issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Develops a network of client contacts and contacts in the wider market.
- Applies industry specific knowledge to client benefit.
- Experience of using Capital IQ and Bloomberg databases.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.